Monday, April 13, 2009

Web 2.0 ToonDoo

Since I was out of the country when web 2.0 Conference was going on, I am including one example of the tools that I use in my curriculum: ToonDoo.com.

After finishing the lesson, I asked the students to work as a team to complete a project of Comic Strips:
  1. They work as teams to create a dialogue.
  2. They divide up the work to create a panel of comic strip each. They can send the panels individually or create a book.
  3. Practice the dialogue and present to the class.
Here's an example of the Comic book:

chinese2mrshordering/eating at the cafeteria § the restaurant

Here's a sample of one strip with 3 panels:






In addition to sharing them with students, teachers, parents, and administrators, I also use them to review grammar and vocabulary words.  Since these are story-based, it makes a lot more sense to the students when I explain how to use certain things.

Enjoy and let me know how I can improve the use of this technology in my curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment